The Newcastle High School for Girls Values
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, we’re here to help every girl fulfil her potential and her dreams, and to empower and enable the next generations of women, to equip them with the ability to lead and make a difference in the world
We put our girls first in everything we do; they are our focus. Their interests, happiness and wellbeing are always a first priority. We encourage each girl to be the best she can be and to reach her potential.
Your daughter will benefit from our connections with the schools within the Girls’ Day School Trust, supporting each other and sharing our learning across our unique network.
Our girls take risks. They develop the confidence to push themselves beyond their boundaries, to speak with conviction and commitment. With us, they have the freedom to make mistakes as they have fun trying to think and do things differently.
We stay ahead through purposeful innovation. Our school is a modern, teaching and learning environment in which we encourage our girls to set the bar high for themselves. They aim to always do the right thing, to be open, honest and accountable. This moral framework will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
At Newcastle High School for Girls we aim to:
- Create a creative and intellectually challenging environment where girls thrive; they feel safe to take risks and believe there is nothing they cannot achieve through hard work and self-belief.
- Provide an all-round education where girls have a broad range of opportunities to grow as individuals, discover and develop new interests and talents and acquire the skills necessary to become leaders and contribute positively to the world in which they will live.
- Produce confident, respectful, courageous and caring individuals with strong core values, an awareness of their social responsibilities and the ability to establish lasting friendships
- Create an education fit for the 21st Century with a curriculum and facilities to meet the needs of education into the future.
- Develop independent, resilient and determined young women who are capable of meeting the challenges of the future.
Newcastle High School for Girls will promote its values and meet its aims by supporting the girls to:
- Develop their intellectual curiosity
- Become skilled and independent learners
- Achieve their full potential
- Learn to respect themselves and other members of the School and wider community
- Grow in the qualities of tolerance and compassion
- Experience friendship, and understanding in a caring and encouraging atmosphere
- Learn the values of commitment, determination, courage and self-reliance
- Above all, be filled with zest, enthusiasm and the joy of life
- Be equipped for their future careers, family lives, leisure and public service
- Be able to identify and pursue future goals for their own development throughout their lives.