Early Years Entry 2021
Assessments to be held on Tuesday 17th November and Friday 3rd December 2020.
Outcome of Assessments will be emailed on Tuesday 1st December and Friday 11th December 2020.
Assessments for girls joining us in the Early Years are based on verbal and practical activities. The assessment will last approximately 30 minutes. We want your daughter to flourish in our School therefore offers will be made to girls who are happy in our environment and meet our entry requirement.
Years 2 – 6 Entry 2021
(where places available)
Assessments to be held on Thursday 19th November and Thursday 26th November 2020.
Outcome of Assessments will be emailed on Thursday 3rd December 2020 and Thursday 10th December 2020.
Girls will be assessed in Reading, Writing, Spelling and Mathematics. A report will also be requested from their present school. Places are offered to girls who meet our entry requirement.
Year 7 Entry 2021
Examination to be held on Saturday 30th January 2021.
Application Deadline Friday 18th December 2020.
Bursary Deadline Friday 18th December 2020.
Outcome of Examination to be posted first class on Thursday 25th February 2021.
Your daughter will undertake:
- A written English comprehension paper and an extended writing exercise lasting 45 minutes.
- A paper testing mathematical ability and covers areas of the National Numeracy Strategy in the Year 6 programme of study, lasting 45 minutes.
- A computer based test that measures verbal, numerical and non-verbal ability, lasting 60 minutes.
All girls sitting the Year 7 Entrance Examination will be considered for a NHSG Scholar Award. Places are offered to girls who meet our entry requirement.
Year 8, 9 and 10 Entry 2021
Examination to be held on Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Outcome of Examination will be posted first class on Tuesday 8th December 2020.
Your daughter will undertake:
- A written English comprehension paper and an extended writing exercise lasting approximately 90 minutes.
- A paper testing mathematical ability lasting 60 minutes.
- A Non Verbal Reasoning paper which will assess your daughter’s problem solving using logic and reasoning, this paper lasts 30 minutes
- A Verbal Reasoning paper to assess your daughter’s ability to understand and reason using words.
Places are offered to girls who meet our entry requirement.
Year 12 Entry 2021
Interviews with the Head and Director of Sixth Form to be arranged during November 2020.
Application Deadline Friday 20th November 2020.
Girls will be required to attain nine GCSEs, and at least six of these should be at Grade 6, 7, 8 or 9. In addition, depending on her A Level subject choices, they may be required to achieve a particular grade in a specified GCSE subject or subjects as set out in our Sixth Form Course details brochure.
We also ask for a copy of a recent school report and results in mock GCSE examinations, when available. We make formal offers of a place in December for the following September intake, subject to your daughter’s final GCSE results.
Transfers from other GDST schools will be arranged subject to a place being available and with the agreement of the Head.
For more information, please contact our Admissions Manager, Miss Julia Howe.
T: 0191 201 6511