Superb A Level results as Newcastle High School for Girls sees its pupils win places at top universities in the UK.
With the long wait between sitting the examinations and the release of the results, girls at Newcastle High are celebrating in style as they look forward to the next exciting stage in their lives. A snapshot of the results shows:
- 14 girls achieved all A* /A grades and in total 25 girls achieved at least two A*s/As
- Three girls gained places at Oxbridge reading Theology, Chemistry and Economics
- Broad ranging success across the subject areas, for example over 80% of grades were at A* – B in Chemistry and Creative Arts subjects
- Seven girls achieved top grades to win places to read Medicine while a further two girls are among a small number nationally to have achieved highly competitive places to study Dentistry
- Two girls are heading to one of the world’s most prestigious Schools of Dance – Laine Theatre Arts
Hilary French, Headmistress at Newcastle High School for Girls, said: “I am bursting with pride for these girls; the results are outstanding.
“The girls receiving results today have shown great maturity and determination throughout their two years in Sixth Form. They have worked incredibly hard and their high achievement at A Level only skims the surface of their innumerable skills.
“Our ethos of encouraging all girls to aim to be their best, to have great joy in their learning and to follow the subjects they are most passionate about is demonstrated in the range of university courses the girls will be following. I wish them all the very best of everything and can’t wait to hear of their future successes.”